Full scans, direct path reads and ORA-8103 error hacking session video here

I have uploaded the latest hacking session video to Enkitec.tv. I have edited it a little, I cut out the part where I spilled an entire Red Bull onto my desk, with some onto my laptop (some keys are still sticky:)

NB! Dates updated: After a 1.5 year break, this year’s only Advanced Oracle Troubleshooting training class (updated with Oracle 12c content) takes place on 14-18 December 2015 and 11-15 January 2016 (I had to reschedule the start from November to December). So sign up now if you want to learn new cool stuff!

This entry was posted in Oracle and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Full scans, direct path reads and ORA-8103 error hacking session video here

1. Simon Palmer says:

Better than “Bull shit” which one finds on other blogs I suppose… LOL! ;-)

2. surachart says:

love it…I downloaded for my iPad -)

3. Luis says:

Great hacking session, but one question remains for me. I will describe:
    Why the number of blocks that we read in the direct path read (#blocks bellow in .trc file) is different from the total number of blocks got from dba_segments?
    Why Oracle will read (in my case) less 3 blocks that the total number of blocks of the table?

Luis Marques

DBA_SEGMENTS shows the total segment size – which may include some unformatted blocks above high-water mark. The full scan only has to scan up to HWM, no need to read the unformaated blocks.

5. betterNottoreveal says:

Tanel – Geeks don’t use ipads or ipods. Android mate…

I use both right now and am waiting for iphone 5 so i can get rid of my android junk (HTC hardware is solid, just android reminds me ’90s too much ;-)

7. Andre Espirito Santo says:

Hello Tanel,

I’m not able to see this movie, and I’m very interested in it. Any chance on making it available again ?

Also can’t find it on iTunes… probably my mistake ! :)

Thank you very much for all the knowledge you share with the community.

Best regards,