I have uploaded the latest hacking session video to blip.tv. I have edited it a little, I cut out the part where I spilled an entire Red Bull onto my desk, with some onto my laptop (some keys are still sticky:)

Also, I do upload all these sessins into iTunes – so you can subscribe to my podcast! That way you can download the videos into your computer, phone or iPad. I have deliberately used 1024×768 resolution so it would look awesome on iPad screen! (so hopefully your commute time gets a bit more fun now ;-)

Enjoy!

iTunes video-podcast:

This entry was posted in Oracle and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Full scans, direct path reads and ORA-8103 error hacking session video here (plus iTunes podcast address!)

1. Simon Palmer says:

Better than “Bull shit” which one finds on other blogs I suppose… LOL! ;-)

2. surachart says:

love it…I downloaded for my iPad -)

3. Luis says:

Great hacking session, but one question remains for me. I will describe:
    Why the number of blocks that we read in the direct path read (#blocks bellow in .trc file) is different from the total number of blocks got from dba_segments?
    Why Oracle will read (in my case) less 3 blocks that the total number of blocks of the table?

Thanks.
    Luis Marques

@Luis
    DBA_SEGMENTS shows the total segment size – which may include some unformatted blocks above high-water mark. The full scan only has to scan up to HWM, no need to read the unformaated blocks.

5. betterNottoreveal says:

Tanel – Geeks don’t use ipads or ipods. Android mate…

@betterNottoreveal
    I use both right now and am waiting for iphone 5 so i can get rid of my android junk (HTC hardware is solid, just android reminds me ’90s too much ;-)

7. Andre Espirito Santo says:

Hello Tanel,

I’m not able to see this movie, and I’m very interested in it. Any chance on making it available again ?

Also can’t find it on iTunes… probably my mistake ! :)

Thank you very much for all the knowledge you share with the community.

Best regards,