I will be speaking at a few more conferences this year and thought to add some comments about my plans here too. Here’s the list of my upcoming presentations:
Oracle OpenWorld, 22-26 September 2013, San Francisco
- Session: Moving Data Between Oracle Exadata and Hadoop. Fast.
- When: Wednesday, Sep 25. 3:30pm
- Where: Moscone South 305
- What: I have been doing quite a lot of work on the optimal Oracle/Exadata <-> Hadoop connectivity and data migration lately, so thought that it’s worth sharing. The fat infiniBand pipe between an Exadata box and a Hadoop cluster running in the Oracle Big Data Appliance gives pretty interesting results.
OakTableWorld, 23-24 September 2013, San Francisco
- Session: Hacking Oracle Database
- When: Tuesday, Sep 24. 1:00pm
- Where: Imagination Lab @ Creativity Museum near Moscone
- What: The “secret” OakTableWorld event (once called Oracle Closed World :) is an unofficial, fun (but also serious) satellite event during OOW. Lots of great technical speakers and topics. Might also have free beer :) I will deliver a-yet-another hacking session without much structure – I’ll just show how I research and explore Oracle’s new low-level features and which tools & approaches I use etc. Should be fun.
Strata Conference + HadoopWorld NY, 28-30 October 2013, New York City, NY
- Session: Hadoop Internals for Oracle Developers and DBAs
- When: Wednesday, Oct 30. 3:45pm
- Where: Murray Hill Suite @ NYC Hilton Midtown
- What: I will deliver an updated version of my Hadoop for Oracle DBAs session, where I explain the main similarities and differences between running a parallel query on an Oracle RAC database vs a MapReduce job on a Hadoop cluster.
I have also submitted abstracts to RMOUG Training Days 2014 and will deliver the Training Day at Hotsos Symposium 2014!
So see you at any of these conferences!
NB! If you want to move to the "New World" - offload your data and workloads to Hadoop, without having to re-write your existing applications - check out Gluent. We are making history! ;-)