In case you are interested in the “New World” and happen to be in Bay Area this week (19 & 21 Jan 2017), there are two interesting events that you might want to attend (I’ll speak at one and attend the other):
Advanced Spark and TensorFlow Meetup
I’m speaking at the advanced Apache Spark meetup and showing different ways for profiling applications with the main focus on CPU efficiency. This is a free Meetup in San Francisco hosted at AdRoll.
- My presentation: Low-Level CPU Performance Profiling Examples using Apache Spark, Apache Arrow, and Columnar Databases
- Time: Thursday, January 19, 2017 to
- Location: 972 Mission St, San Francisco, CA 94103 (Adroll)
- Details & Register: https://www.meetup.com/Advanced-Spark-and-TensorFlow-Meetup/events/227622666/
Putting Deep Learning into Production Workshop
This 1-day workshop is about the practical aspects of putting deep learning models into production use in enterprises. It’s a very interesting topic for me as enterprise-grade production-ready machine learning requires much more than just developing a model (just like putting any software in production requires much more than just writing it). “Boring” things like reliability, performance, making input data available for the engine – and presenting the results to the rest of the enterprise come to mind first (the last parts are where Gluent operates :)
Anyway, the speaker list is impressive and I signed up! I told the organizers that I’d promote the event and they even offered a 25% discount code (use GLUENT as the discount code ;-)
- Workshop: Putting Deep Learning into Production
- Time: Saturday, January 21, 2017 9:30 AM to 5:00 PM PST
- Location: 201 3rd St, 5th Floor, San Francisco, CA (Capital One)
- Details & Register: https://www.meetup.com/Advanced-Spark-and-TensorFlow-Meetup/events/236352893/
This will be fun!
NB! If you want to move to the "New World" - offload your data and workloads to Hadoop, without having to re-write your existing applications - check out Gluent. We are making history! ;-)