I will be speaking at a few more conferences this year and thought to add some comments about my plans here too. Here’s the list of my upcoming presentations:
Oracle OpenWorld, 22-26 September 2013, San Francisco
- Session: Moving Data Between Oracle Exadata and Hadoop. Fast.
- When: Wednesday, Sep 25. 3:30pm
- Where: Moscone South 305
- What: I have been doing quite a lot of work on the optimal Oracle/Exadata <-> Hadoop connectivity and data migration lately, so thought that it’s worth sharing. The fat infiniBand pipe between an Exadata box and a Hadoop cluster running in the Oracle Big Data Appliance gives pretty interesting results.
OakTableWorld, 23-24 September 2013, San Francisco
- Session: Hacking Oracle Database
- When: Tuesday, Sep 24. 1:00pm
- Where: Imagination Lab @ Creativity Museum near Moscone
- What: The “secret” OakTableWorld event (once called Oracle Closed World :) is an unofficial, fun (but also serious) satellite event during OOW. Lots of great _technical _speakers and topics. Might also have free beer :) I will deliver a-yet-another hacking session without much structure – I’ll just show how I research and explore Oracle’s new low-level features and which tools & approaches I use etc. Should be fun.
Strata Conference + HadoopWorld NY, 28-30 October 2013, New York City, NY
- Session: Hadoop Internals for Oracle Developers and DBAs
- When: Wednesday, Oct 30. 3:45pm
- Where: Murray Hill Suite @ NYC Hilton Midtown
- What: I will deliver an updated version of my Hadoop for Oracle DBAs session, where I explain the main similarities and differences between running a parallel query on an Oracle RAC database vs a MapReduce job on a Hadoop cluster.
I have also submitted abstracts to RMOUG Training Days 2014 and will deliver the Training Day at Hotsos Symposium 2014!
So see you at any of these conferences!