Here’s where I will hang out (and in some cases speak) during the OOW:
Sunday, Sep 28 3:30pm – Moscone South – 310
- Expert Oracle Exadata: Then and Now
- This is a panel where Andy Colvin, Kerry Osborne and I will discuss what has changed in Exadata since writing the 1st edition of the Expert Oracle Exadata book (yes, we are working on the 2nd edition, stay tuned!)
Monday, Sep 29 8:30am – 4:00pm - Creativity Museum
- I will mostly hang out at the OakTableWorld satellite event and listen to the awesome talks there.
Tuesday, Sep 30 10:00am – Creativity Museum
- I will speak about Hacking Oracle 12c for an hour at OakTableWorld (random stuff about the first things I researched when Oracle 12c was released)
- I also plan to hang out there for most of the day, so see you there!
Wednesday, Oct 1 – 3:00pm – Jillian’s
- I’ll be at Enkitec’s “office” (read: we’ll have beer) in Jillian’s (on 4th St between Mission/Howard) from 3pm onwards on Wednesday, so, come by for a chat.
- Right after Enkitec’s office hours I’ll head to the adjacent room for the OTN Bloggers meetup and this probably means more beer & chat.
Thursday, Oct 2 – 10:45am – Moscone South – 104
- Oracle In-Memory Database In Action
- In this presentation Kerry and I will walk you through the performance differences when swithching from an old DW/reporting system (on a crappy I/O subsystem) all the way to having your data cached in Oracle’s In-Memory Column Store – with all the Oracle 126.96.36.199’s performance bells and whistles enabled. It will be awesome – see you there! ;-)